A complete guide of what to do and where to go in Disneyland Paris with kids. Join us on our family holiday where we stayed at Disney’s New York hotel in May of 2017 during the 25th anniversary celebration of Disneyland Paris. Go with us as we go on kid-friendly rides, watch the Parade and other shows, and have dinner with Disney Characters at the best Disneyland restaurant Inventions.
Tips and Tricks
- Avoid long lines to meet Disney characters. Go to Disney hotel New York where you can meet a different character every day between 8.15 – 11.00. The line is max 10 minutes wait. Right next to the gift shop.
- Absolutely have dinner with Disney Characters. It’ll be very memorable for your kids.
- Hotel New York is perfect: a 10 minute walk to both parks, and a lot cheaper than THE Disney hotel at the entrance. If kids get tired after lunch, you can retreat at the hotel, go for a swim or a nap, and then everyone’s rejuvenated for the evening.
- Bring sandwiches and snacks, food is pricey in the parks.
Rides review – Disneyland Park
- Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast – Absolutely go. It’s fun for kids but also grown-ups. It’s an interactive ride where get to shoot a laser gun.
- Star Tours – One of the best rides, enjoyed by young and old. A 3D-ride into space
- It’s a small world – Always short lines, not very exciting but fun for kids and nice to watch
- La Cabane des Robinsons – It’s a treehouse you walk up to. Can be skipped
- Big Thunder Mountain – Fun rollercoaster, not too crazy
- Indiana Jones – My head kept banging against the restraints, leaving me with a headache. Pass
- Les Voyages de Pinocchio – visibly an older ride, not fun at all, give this one a miss.
- Peter Pan’s Flight – Pretty, but not worth a wait longer than 15 minutes.
Rides review – Walt Disney Studios
- Crush’s Coaster – a very fun rollercoaster in the dark. Definitely go but I’d recommend using the single rider line, it’s much shorter
- Ratatouille – The best ride of all, fun for kids and grown-ups. Go on a 3D-ride as you shrink to rat size
- Slinky Dog ZigZag Spin – give this one a skip if the line is long. It’s a simple funfair ride that goes round and round.
- Armageddon – Avoid! The wait was long, and once you’re let inside, you have to go through a 10-minute long intro talk. You then proceed to the inside of a spaceship where the platform drops a bit, there’s some fire and a meteor is seen protruding. That’s it.
- Rock ‘n’Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith – Rollercoaster in the dark. Not for the faint-hearted. Felt like I got a concussion.
- Studio Tram Tour – Recommendable and short lines. Quite impressive as they recreate a flood
Shows and Parades
- Disney Parade – Can’t miss this one. The only opportunity to see Anna and Elsa.
- The Starlit Princess Waltz – go if your kid is a Disney Princess fan. 8 Disney princesses dancing around. Unfortunately no Anna and Elsa
- Disney Junior Live on Stage – absolutely go if your kid watches Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. They re-enact an episode.
- Stitch Live – Hilarious! Stitch is on screen in cartoon version – yet responds live. I’m still amazed how they do that
- Disney Illuminations (end show) – it is beautiful and a great way to end your Disney day. People line up 1.5 hours before it begins.
- Inventions restaurant – wonderful buffet, one of the rare spots to find healthy food in Disneyland. It is expensive but absolutely worth dining with the Disney Characters
- Annette’s Diner – Would go again. Decent food and fun interior.
Leave us a message
Vida Playtime is a channel aimed at entertaining all who are young at heart. We love unboxing and playing with toys, videogames, arts and crafts, family (board) games, fairytale stories, and using our imagination to play.
Vida Playtime is a new channel, we appreciate your views and hope you will subscribe https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-mkMA3j_OhBsjwhuEHx9fw?sub_confirmation=1
Toys that are featured on our channel: LEGO, Disney, Frozen, Paw Patrol, Peppa Pig, Doc McStuffins, Mickey Mouse, Disney Cars