Learn from the experts as they share their thoughts and experiences about the New Product Introduction process at the Hardware Massive Shenzhen event at SimplyWork 2.0.
• Scott Miller - Dragon Innovation CEO & Bolt Partner
Scott co-founded Dragon Innovation, Inc. in 2006 and has been its Chief Executive Officer since February 2009. He is the Venture Partner at Bolt Innovation Group and served as its Co-founder and Partner. He serves as an Adjunct Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Olin College and teaches the Mechanical Design and Design for Manufacture courses. Prior to founding Dragon Innovation, he spent ten years at iRobot.
• Jay Feldis - Product Realization Group Consultant
Jay has over 25 years of experience leading the development of electronic high technology products in Silicon Valley. As a founding member of Logitech’s webcam product group, Jay helped to create and define webcams and video communication as consumer products. His experience includes key roles leading hardware, software, and program management teams through all stages of development from product conception and system design to manufacturing and retail launch.
• Bob Khor - Product Realization Group Consultant
Bob Khor has over 15 years of Global Operational leadership experience within the High Technology sector helping companies manage their global supply chain and transitioning mass production to low-cost locations. He was previously Director of Supply Chain at August Home Inc., the leader in smart locks, and Director of Operations at Pano Logic Inc., a leader in cloud computing hardware. He has also worked in the EMS industry, providing engineering and operational support to major ODM/OEM players.
During the discussion, the strategy of New Product Introduction was clearly defined. NPI bridges the gap between prototyping and improving product quality while reducing cost. It is necessary to put a quality product on the market on time and at the right cost. It was also pointed out that businesses, especially startups, should be equipped to balance out the cost, quality, and schedule.
This event is supported by:
• Borsam IP - devotes itself to help SME protecting their intellectual property rights in China. http://www.borsamip.com/
• BSG Berkeley Sourcing Group - an international turnkey manufacture provider for hardware startups. http://www.berkeleysg.com/
• SimplyWork - an international and nurturing co-working space based in Shenzhen, which has 8 spaces in different districts. https://www.simplywork.cn/
• FirstShotz - China's largest no risk marketing and distribution agency. http://www.firstshotz.com/
• Shenzhen Party - a complete daily guide to Shenzhen and Shekou ferry, metro, apartments, jobs, maps of bars, restaurants, and shopping. http://www.shenzhenparty.com/